How to become a NARILIS associate member?
It is possible to become a partner of NARILIS, even if you are not a founding member.
The application must be made on an individual basis, with a clear aim at committing to develop interdisciplinary research, in collaboration with other NARILIS members. The application must also be based on at least one research project and will be supported by a NARILIS member.
In practice, the future associate member must contact a member of NARILIS, who will become his “sponsor”, and develop a collaborative research project. The sponsor will submit the application and project to the Collegian Board. The Collegian Board will evaluate the scientific quality and any possible conflict of interest.
If the application is admissible, the associate membership will be given for 2 years, renewable for 5 years if the project carries on. Before becoming associate member, the sponsor will initiate an application for the title of “external consultant” at the CHU UCL Mont-Godinne Dinant or “scientific collaborator” at the University of Namur by following the procedure in force.
Please send your application to:
University of Namur - NARILIS, c/o Prof. Stéphane Lucas, rue de Bruxelles, 61 - 5000 Namur - Belgium.
|University of Namur |
|CHU UCL Mont Godinne Dinant
|Principal Investigators||Scientific themes|
Rights and duties of members and associate members:
- benefit from the infrastructures and services related to research and research promotion of NARILIS and of the founding institutions, according to their conditions;
- benefit from the NARILIS activities;
- benefit from the NARILIS brand image;
- benefit from the NARILIS sources of funding;
- benefit from the NARILIS members’ skills;
- be informed about the NARILIS scientific and promotional activities;
- take part in the different election (members only).
- Respect the charter, in particular regarding the mutualisation of resources;
- Significantly participate to the NARILIS promotion by mentioning, for research linked to life sciences, the NARILIS affiliation in publications, communications and applications for the financing of projects, … For associate members, this obligation only concerns the projects included in for research linked to life sciences,, on the Collegian Board approval;
- Include all collaborative projects between partners from the two funding institutions;
- Place their competences at the service of the development of NARILIS.
These rights and duties are part of the NARILIS charter.